Veraison, a French term for when the color of the grapes turn from green to red or green to yellow in the case of white grapes. From experience, the harvest usually begins 6 weeks from the beginning of veraison. This year harvest is expected to begin in the third week of August, earlier than normal which is usually at the beginning of September. We have not had much rain this year but it seems to have come at a good time and the weather is ideal, warm days, not too warm and cool nights. The canopies are excellent and the harvest looks to be excellent.
- Open House at Lafond Winery City Tasting Room for Artist Michael Adams
- The art of Stemming
- Circulating the Wine
- Winemaking is not all Art – Bruce looking at his Spreadsheets
- A Dinner with Friends at the Lafond Winery Patio
- More of Harvest
- Images of the Harvest
- More about the Harvest
- Santa Barbara Newspress Article about First Crush
- Inner Staves
- First day of Crush – Thursday August 21, 2014
- Wednesday, August the 20th: First Day of Harvest at Santa Barbara Winery and the obligatory Toast over the first box of grapes – Pinot Gris. Here’s to a good harvest.
- August Dinner at the Vineyard
- Wine Club Member BBQ – Saturday, July19, 2014