Veraison, a French term for when the color of the grapes turn from green to red or green to yellow in the case of white grapes. From experience, the harvest usually begins 6 weeks from the beginning of veraison. This year harvest is expected to begin in the third week of August, earlier than normal which is usually at the beginning of September. We have not had much rain this year but it seems to have come at a good time and the weather is ideal, warm days, not too warm and cool nights. The canopies are excellent and the harvest looks to be excellent.
- Recent Wedding at Lafond Winery and Vineyards 5/14/16
- Open House at Lafond Winery during Wine Makers’ Festival, Saturday April 23rd 2016
- Wine Vintners’ Festival Saturday April 23rd.
- Family Baby Shower at Lafond Winery
- Nance Cole COSMOS Open House February 19, 2016 at the Lafond Winery City Tasting Room
- Opening Reception February 19th from 6 to 8pm An exhibit of colorful prints at the Lafond City Tasting Room Showing from February 17th through April 17th 2016
- Valentine Day Chocolate and Wine Pairing at Santa Barbara Winery
- New Images from David Lafond – Spring Rituals at the Vineyard
- From the Lafond City Tasting Room
- Open House at Santa Barbara Winery with Pascale Books, Jessica Foster Chocolates and Jeweler Judit Muller
- Lafond Winery City Tasting Room
- Open House at Lafond City Tasting Room for Artist Gail Lucas Friday November 20th
- Gail’s Art Show Open House Friday November 20th, 6 to 8pm – Lafond Winery City Tasting Room
- Again many thanks to the Wine Weirdos
- Open House – Harvest Festival 10.10.15