This photo taken November 27, the Pinot Noir below has lost almost all its leaves and the Syrah is about to do so. These light rains we have been getting recently are perfect for the seeded ground cover. A heavy rain will wash away the seeds but once they have roots it is harder for it to do so. The vines will soon be completely dormant, the next major event is pruning which will not begin until February.
- More of Harvest
- Images of the Harvest
- More about the Harvest
- Santa Barbara Newspress Article about First Crush
- Inner Staves
- First day of Crush – Thursday August 21, 2014
- Wednesday, August the 20th: First Day of Harvest at Santa Barbara Winery and the obligatory Toast over the first box of grapes – Pinot Gris. Here’s to a good harvest.
- August Dinner at the Vineyard
- Wine Club Member BBQ – Saturday, July19, 2014
- DeeTours at the Winery Saturday July 19
- Kim and Lise with Friends at the Vineyard
- Planting a new Grenache Block