This photo taken November 27, the Pinot Noir below has lost almost all its leaves and the Syrah is about to do so. These light rains we have been getting recently are perfect for the seeded ground cover. A heavy rain will wash away the seeds but once they have roots it is harder for it to do so. The vines will soon be completely dormant, the next major event is pruning which will not begin until February.
- Lafond Winery SRH Wines
- Harvest 2014
- Santa Barbara Wine Club Wine Pick-up Party Saturday, September 20
- Open House at Lafond Winery City Tasting Room for Artist Michael Adams
- The art of Stemming
- Circulating the Wine
- Winemaking is not all Art – Bruce looking at his Spreadsheets
- A Dinner with Friends at the Lafond Winery Patio
- More of Harvest
- Images of the Harvest
- More about the Harvest
- Santa Barbara Newspress Article about First Crush
- Inner Staves
- First day of Crush – Thursday August 21, 2014
- Wednesday, August the 20th: First Day of Harvest at Santa Barbara Winery and the obligatory Toast over the first box of grapes – Pinot Gris. Here’s to a good harvest.