We have begun mowing the ground cover planted last fall. And again this is protect the vines from March and April frost. A smooth surface facilitates air movement. The grasses that have grown between the rows are uneven and when there is a cold spell and the large fans are turned on we want the cold air to move over the surface to be pushed skyward by the fans.
- Lafond Winery SRH Wines
- Harvest 2014
- Santa Barbara Wine Club Wine Pick-up Party Saturday, September 20
- Open House at Lafond Winery City Tasting Room for Artist Michael Adams
- The art of Stemming
- Circulating the Wine
- Winemaking is not all Art – Bruce looking at his Spreadsheets
- A Dinner with Friends at the Lafond Winery Patio
- More of Harvest
- Images of the Harvest
- More about the Harvest
- Santa Barbara Newspress Article about First Crush
- Inner Staves
- First day of Crush – Thursday August 21, 2014
- Wednesday, August the 20th: First Day of Harvest at Santa Barbara Winery and the obligatory Toast over the first box of grapes – Pinot Gris. Here’s to a good harvest.