We have begun mowing the ground cover planted last fall. And again this is protect the vines from March and April frost. A smooth surface facilitates air movement. The grasses that have grown between the rows are uneven and when there is a cold spell and the large fans are turned on we want the cold air to move over the surface to be pushed skyward by the fans.
- More about the Harvest
- Santa Barbara Newspress Article about First Crush
- Inner Staves
- First day of Crush – Thursday August 21, 2014
- Wednesday, August the 20th: First Day of Harvest at Santa Barbara Winery and the obligatory Toast over the first box of grapes – Pinot Gris. Here’s to a good harvest.
- August Dinner at the Vineyard
- Wine Club Member BBQ – Saturday, July19, 2014
- DeeTours at the Winery Saturday July 19
- Kim and Lise with Friends at the Vineyard
- Planting a new Grenache Block
- Scenes from a Wedding June 28, 2014
- The Patio