We like to wait as late as possible to inhibit bud growth which can be damaged by frost, and with this pre-pruner the work can go much faster. It cuts the canes about 6 inches above the growth wire eliminating a lot of heavy physical work. The workers then go down the rows cutting back the canes to the desired bud count.
- Wednesday, August the 20th: First Day of Harvest at Santa Barbara Winery and the obligatory Toast over the first box of grapes – Pinot Gris. Here’s to a good harvest.
- August Dinner at the Vineyard
- Wine Club Member BBQ – Saturday, July19, 2014
- DeeTours at the Winery Saturday July 19
- Kim and Lise with Friends at the Vineyard
- Planting a new Grenache Block
- Scenes from a Wedding June 28, 2014
- The Patio
- The State of the Pinot Noir June 28, 2014
- Hedging – June 28, 2014
- A Great Investment Opportunity!